Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Git Configuration

I have configured Git locally in many places now and I thought of placing a copy of my personal choice (my .gitconfig file).  Perhaps this will help me setup my personal environment everywhere I'm using it. I should put this on github at some point. A few things to notice:
  1. I prefer p4merge for merge tool. It's simply awesome, worth to try if you haven't yet.
  2. Vim as my editor. Yes, I don't use emacs.
  3. Yes, I code on a Mac!
My .gitconfig as follows:


[user]
    name = Alberto A. Flores
    email = aaflores@gmail.com
[core]
    editor = vim
[mergetool "p4merge"]
    cmd=/Applications/p4merge.app/Contents/Resources/launchp4merge "$PWD/$BASE" "$PWD/$REMOTE" "$PWD/$LOCAL" "$PWD/$MERGED"
    keepTemporaries = false
    trustExitCode = false
    keepBackup = false
[color]
    status = auto
    diff = auto
    branch = auto
[color "branch"]
    current = yellow reverse
    local = yellow
    remote = green
[color "diff"]
    meta = yellow bold
    frag = magenta bold
    old = red bold
    new = green bold
[color "status"]
    added = yellow
    changed = green
    untracked = cyan
[apply]
    whitespace = nowarn

No comments: