- Provisioning of Hardware (or VM)
- Install Application Runtime (Java, Rails, Node, etc)
- Deploying of Binaries (War file, Processes, etc)
- Load Balancer Configuration
- Security Configuration (SSL, Documents, etc)
- Ensure Service Connectivity to external systems (databases, enterprise logs, auditing, etc)
- Update Firewall policies and documentation.
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
During the last few years in Software Development, I have found myself doing very repetitive tasks regarding deployment of applications. Among them, these are:
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Now on days, software components expose some sort of API using a REST interface. In addition, the typical response comes in JSON format. While this very convenient for a browser to interpret, using JSON in a bash script is not as simple. I came across this project on github called underscore and I must admit I liked it. I highly recommend reading it's short README file. I figured I'd write some about my issues installing it.